Tuesday, September 16, 2008

no.11

Yes, I looked at a lot of those ... what? websites? (Some were wikis, but some were about wikis, so I don't know quite how you define them.) Anyway, they seemed quite sensible and useful - like sending an email to everyone concerned, with them replying with suggestions, but obviously much less cumbersome. The one drawback from my point of view is that with an email addressed to me, I'll read it (or at least consider it and decide whether or not to read it), whereas with anything else on the web, I would never think of looking to see what there might be to read. Except for airline tickets, and things like that. I mean, I would never go trawling around in the hope of finding something interesting or useful. Unless, perhaps, someone sent me an email saying,"Go to such-and-such a wiki and read it." But I'd probably forget to.

No comments: