Friday, September 19, 2008

That was easier than I expected. When I sawthe introduction and read words and phrases like "different software versions or file types", "versioning", "convert documents as multiplt file types" "HTML and pdf", I thought it was going to be yet another exercise I couldn't do. However, I found that you didn't need to know what any of those things meant, which was good, but there were a whole lot of new things. It was just like an ordinary word processor, but with more things on it. I tried them all, with varying degrees of success and comprehension. Why does "quote" mean "orange box"? What do "subscript", "superscript", the anchor and "page break" do? What does "Toggle HTML source" mean? And why did I end up in a large (and expandable) box (and why was it called a layer?) which I didn't seem able to delete?
I'm sure this would be useful if you wanted to do some fancy documents - fancier than you can do on your ordinary word processor. Did you ask me to say how you could use it in a library? (Or is that the next exercise? I misread the numbers at first, and started doing no.17) Well, I'm sure you sometimes need to make fancy signs and things in the library, so ti would be good for that.

No comments: