Thursday, September 18, 2008

no.14

I can't believe that anyone who is interested enough in books to join librarything could have only 200 books! I must have almost that just on my bedside table waiting to be read. So it's a bit silly to say you can do it free, or pay and enter as many books as you like - obviously, everyone would need to pay. But it would take years to put all your books in! Time that could much better be spent reading more books. I would need to keep running upstairs and collecting boxloads of books off the shelves to bring downstairs to the computer to add to my list, and then taking them back upstairs and putting them back on the shelves ... it doesn't bear thinking about. I'm afraid I can't really see the point (yet again). Unless you wanted to borrow someone else's books, perhaps. It just seems like a rather expanded book group, really. The free books for preview would be nice - but then you'd have to make sure you read them in time. Speaking as someone who's had a book out for nearly seven weeks and hasn't yet had a chance even to open it, I can see that might be a problem.
http://www.librarything.com/home/stagregory

1 comment:

craftykat said...

You can enjoy Library Thing by just putting a few of your favourite books on, and it will show you people who have similar taste to you giving you some ideas for new titles to check out.
It can also be a place to make a list of books you want to read - that is if you ever get time!