Wednesday, August 13, 2008

technology

I can't understand how you can keep saying "Play around!" and "Have fun!" with the internet and things like that. The internet is very useful (for communicating by email, and for finding information and booking things), but a computer is just a machine - a means to an end, rather than an end in itself. I don't "have fun" with my food processor, or "play around" with my washing machine, and I really can't see the difference.
By the way (an example of how technology has already defeated me), I think I labelled the last exercise nmber 6, but it must have been number 5.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Miss Gregory

I started out thinking the same, but as I progress through the exercises I have actually found a couple that are useful (if not exactly "fun") and that I have enjoyed using. So hang in there girl!

Hazel